Things I Like

Goin’ to the chapel and I’m…

Don’t worry, I am not going to sing! I recently received my amazing engagement photos back from Jackie at Clever Girl Photography (and you can like her Facebook here). I am thrilled with how they turned out and can’t wait for her to catch us jumping the broom, but but but! I am not here to talk your ear off about my wedding.

The dress I am wearing in the photos is one that I receive the most questions on. The thing is, I bought the dress from a small boutique that you may or may not have heard of. It has no yelp page, no website and a small Facebook page, but it is… everything.

The boutique is called ‘Things I Like’ because the owner buys new and vintage clothing that she likes. She only goes off what she likes, so you get an interesting, but beautiful mix. Her Facebook page shows items in the shop and walking by her window I always see something I want. The owner, Nazareth, is extremely helpful and kind (I talked natural hair for so long with her while trying on dresses) and not at all pushy. She also holds great gatherings to check out the store including Valentine’s Day and Halloween candy.

So check out the boutique on 1038 Pine Street, Philadelphia and like on Facebook, but don’t buy the colorful sequin dress-I need it in my life!

Striped Dress Image via http://www.clevergirlphoto.com

Image Via

Hot Tomato Dress Things I Like 1038 Pine Street, Philadelphia ($72)

Eric Smith Elizabeth, NJ (priceless)

Striped Fall Dress Image via http://www.clevergirlphoto.com

Image Via

Red Patent Leather Flats  Eternity Fashion on 1522 Chestnut St, Philadelphia ($12)

Tree Earring Photo via http://www.clevergirlphoto.com

Image Via

Tree Earrings Bangkok, Thailand (gift)

These earrings were a wonderful gift from my friend, Megan. I wear them so much and they are extremely light; I love them

Striped dress image via http://www.clevergirlphoto.com

Image Via

Hair  Tammy at Big Wigs Studios ($40)

My hair is in finger curls and the price will probably vary depending on your natural hair. Finger curls (on natural hair ) are a method of taking pieces of the hair and defining curls either with the end of the comb or with your finger while wet and then drying. My curls were seperated after they dried. The method, at least for me, takes a very long time, but is a good protective style

image via http://www.clevergirlphoto.com

Image Via

Engagement Ring Etsy (I don’t care)

image via http://www.clevergirlphoto.com

Image Via

Thanks again to Jackie from Clever Girl Photography for not only capturing such beautiful photos, but making the experience fun. She does multiple kinds of photos, so definitely check her out!

Photography by Clever Girl Photography

Comments

1. Chelsea says:

LOVE the pictures, guys! They capture your happiness to a tee.

• Nena says:

Aww, thanks Chelsea! I am so happy with how they came out and glad they captured us well!

2. These photos are priceless! Beautiful couple, and great style on both of you.

• Nena says:

Thanks so much, Allie! I should have said where Eric’s clothes came from, but I have no idea other than jeans from express and button down from Buffalo Exchange? I love his signature style, though.

3. Oh my goodness these are awesome photos! Very fun and beautiful! We did ours in a vineyard and while I loved them I’ve always loved engagement pics in urban settings! Some of these could def be the cover of a cute romance book too :P

Also? That dress. PERFECT. Bright but not TOO bright making it busy and looks amazing on you! You guys are such a damn good looking couple!

• Nena says:

Thanks so much, Jamie! I didn’t even know what engagement photos were until Eric wanted them, but I’m glad we had them done (and now I love seeing them)!

Thanks! I love this dress, but the store is so amazing. I love places that handpick their vintage by going and finding it. You get some a great sense of what will come in the future. She had these new dresses right next to a 40 style cream vintage large button dress. Definitely have to visit it!

4. Thanks for sharing such a little Philly boutique secret Nena! And love the Etsy caption. You two look adorbs as usual. :)

• Nena says:

Thanks, Melissa!! I could not go out in the cold last week for photos, so I thought I would share this boutique. She always has something going on too (missed her you drive for 20% off)! Aww, thanks so much! Eric approves of the caption too!

5. The photos are absolutely gorgeous and that dress is fabulous!

I’m moving to the city this spring and I am SO looking forward to exploring all the small boutiques and shops that I’ve never had the chance to check out before.

I LOVE that you are blogging and can’t wait to get to know you better :)

• Nena says:

Yay to moving to the city! I love Philly and I need to expand my boutique horizons when it gets warmer too, but nothing like exploring and finding new places to love!

Thanks so much, Jessica! I look forward to getting know you better too!